November 4, 2010

About Me

So, I am guessing my first ever blog should naturally be a bit about myself before I go off on a blogging rampage.

Hello readers! My name is Brianna and I am a typical 22 year old living in a classic, suburban town in New Jersey. I have recently graduated from college studying art history and Italian. Though the economy is still under the weather, I was fortunate enough to land a job as an associate art director at a gallery near my home. I immensly enjoy working with art (as I am sure you will get to read about).

I have 3 profound loves in life... one being art (as you have just discovered). The second is music. Without music, I would be lost. I play the trumpet and piano. I can honestly say I would not be who I am today if it was not for my musical background and education. I have traveled playing around the country, but nothing thrills me more than to sit in my room on a rainy day and just play whatever songs pop into my head. Lately I have been rocking out the classic French song, "La Vie en Rose".

My third and probably deepest love in life is Italy. While in college I had the pleasure of studying abroad in Italia twice. The first was a 2 week Renaissance Art course in Florence. The second was a 4 month semester in "La Citta Eterna"... Rome! While my Italian background helps to fuel this passion, I was just taken in by everything Italy had to offer: food, culture, music, art, history, men. Of course I am a prideful American and sport my red, white, and blues, but I fell in love with the country.

I decided to start blogging as a way to release my stress at the end of the day. I have found that whenever I have a strong emotion (happy or sad) I need to share it with someone. I hate bottling my feelings up, because eventually I burst! Sometimes there is not always someone there to listen, but writing can be used to the same affect. I have used poetry as a tool for this (and am looking forward to publising some on my blog). I want to touch someone, inspire someone, or just relate to someone.

So enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment