November 24, 2010

The Case of the "Gallery Chocolate Napper"

So... for those of you who have read my previous blog entitled "Paranormal Activity" you are aware that the "Gallery Ghost" at my job has been stealing the chocolates I so kindly leave out on my desk for clients. Each morning I returned to a mysteriously empty candy dish with no evidence of an invasion! We could never find the twinkling of a wrapper or a little critter present left behind either. One time my two co-workers cleverly executed a trick on me and hid my treats. This rouge was just a one time prank... so where were the chocolates disappearing to?! This morning, my question was answered.

My day began like any other with my mindless morning chorses: I unlocked the doors, switched on the lights, hit the radio button, tucked my personal belongings away, and ventured to the back room to hang my coat up; this same room is also used as storage for many of our paintings. Turning to make my exit I saw it, this tiny, furry, black ball sprint past my feet and behind the art work! I stood frozen for a minute in disbelief before finally gaining back my composure. Immediately I headed for the door (tripping over the carpet along with way) to alert Erin of my critter sighting. I barged into the frame shop screaming, "A mouse, Erin... It's a mouse! We have mice!" Trying to catch my breath, Erin just stared at me wide eyed, "Ok... I have to see this. Show me!"

We headed back to the scene of the crime walking quite gingerly so as not to disturb any intruders that might surprise us. Slowly we moved each painting  to better view the entrance way when this glimmer of gold caught our eyes. As we continued to dig through paintings the glimmer grew brighter and brighter... the gold was none other than candy wrappers! There they were, a gigantic mound piled high of every precious chocolate that had gone missing in the course of a month. It was like finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.Thrown into a fit of laughter we immediately called a very ill Ryan to inform him of our genius detective work.

The case of the "Gallery Chocolate Napper" has come to a dramatic close. The crime scene was cleared of evidence and all holes were thoroughly blockaded. The Gallery Ghost was also acquitted of all charges. It was some very clever little creatures just trying to save up food for the winter. I can picture it now: A tiny, powerful army marching straight for my desk ready to conquer any obstacles that might keep them from getting to their treasure. This kitchen is now closed, so look elsewhere furry friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment